Thanks to Tammy at Plusizekitten, I got an exclusive invite to her birthday party organized by popular Japanese brand Shu Uemura. In conjunction with the launch of their latest Spring 2013 OB Collection, guests were asked to come dressed as princesses since their OB range consists of 4 characters – Sakura Princess, Ocean Princess, Moon Princess and Forest Princess. This range is designed by popular Japanese artist called OB who does fantasy, dreamlike art as seen here on these packaging.Very cute dreamlike packaging
Anyway, this party was organized to celebrate Tammy’s birthday in a special way so we had sweet finger foods and drinks, and what’s more interesting for a beauty blogger than to have a beauty themed party? There were lots of activities such as Best Dressed Princess, Canvas Tote Painting contest, makeup demonstration and lots more. Of course we took lots and lots of photos, although I had to take some from the other girls since I am kinda embarassed to take photos of myself.Alie as Ocean Princess
I really wanted to win the contest so I actually made my own Ocean Princess dress. Haha. It was easier than I thought although I have to admit sewing chiffon is really a pain in the butt! I already had a short blue wig, so I just made the dress and accessories in one night!
Well, it was a pretty fun get-together for girls to catch-up. And the best of all for me was winning the Best Dressed contest! Yay!
I won RM300 Shu Uemura voucher so I immediately splurged them on some products for me to try.
Each of us also got a really great goodie bag each which consists of Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler in gold, and a RM20 voucher.
Here is the list of Shu Uemura products I redeemed with my voucher!ob for Shu Uemura Poreraser
1. UV under based mousse with OB Sakura Princess design (RM135 for 41ml)
– Makes my skin less red and makes my skin look smoother.ob for Shu Uemura eyeshadow cover
2. ob for Shu Uemura casing (RM28)
– Very cute!! Couldn’t resist.Eyeshadow in 906 White & 655 Soft Blue
3. Eyeshadow White 906 & Soft Blue 655 (RM60 per colour)
– I love the shimmer and the bits of glitter doesn’t get into my eyes and irritate them.Shu Uemura Liquid Eyeliner
4. Liquid Eyeliner Pen (RM60) & Refill pack (RM50)
– The pump action on the pen allows to draw darker and finer lines as I need more ink to draw evenly.
You can check out the swatches in the gallery below.