Ever since I’ve gotten pregnant, my skin has been going bonkers on me. It has become uneven, blotchy, splotchy and dark spots seem a tad darker while fine lines have gotten more obvious. As much as I would like to look forever young, that would be almost impossible. However, there is always a way to slow down the process of ageing, to not look my age or worse, older than my age.
Long story short, I was asked to check out this new serum by Clinique, a smart serum that responds to the skin’s needs and repair wherever it is needed.
According to the leaflet in the packaging, the best results can be seen after four weeks, however, I was only able to test it for about two and a half weeks. However, during this time, the results of using the serum can be seen.
Here was how my skin was like before using the serum; uneven, with red splotchy areas and dark spots on cheek area. (There was no photo editing involved other than lighting edits)
My skin was never really all that red and uneven, but hormonal changes really kills the skin. Anyway, I have been quite discipline in applying the serum twice a day, since by doing that, the results are better. My husband don’t really like the fragrance (or lack of it) of the serum, claiming it smells fishy, but I personally think it is not as bad as he says, and the fragrance disappears after a short while anyway. The serum is absorbed rather quickly into the skin, making it easy to apply makeup on top of it without being streaky.
The amount of serum to apply on the whole face is just a little more than pea-size; well, that also depends on how large your face is. Haha. Mine is pretty pudgy now, so I use a little more than a pea size dollop.
By the way, other than just using the serum as-is, you can also use it before you put on your moisturiser or before putting on a sheet mask. Using a serum makes the mask work better as well. (^_^)
Anyway, after two and a half weeks of religiously using the Clinique smart custom-repair serum, here are the results.
I am actually pretty pleased. My skin has become more even and there is lesser redness especially at the chin area since there is my problem area due to hormonal changes. Dark spots aka freckles are a tad harder to get rid off, so considering there was a slight lightening is already pretty decent, in my honest opinion.
Will I buy it once I’m done with this? Yes, I actually would. (^_^)
Here are some quick info about the serum that you might find useful:
- Allergy tested. 100% fragrance free.
- Formulated for Asian skins.
- Soothes skin with its Red Algae, Licorice Extract and Caffeine ingredients.
- Evens skin tone with brightening ingredients derived from Dianella Ensifolia, as well as Morus Nigra Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicelensis Root Extract and Grape Extract.
- Reduces appearance of dark spots with antioxidants like Vitamin C and Ergothioneine.
- Improves radiance, smoothness and luminosity with Glucosamine and Salicylic Acid.
- Diminishes the look of fine lines and wrinkles with a blend of collagen boosting peptides such as Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 and Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, as well as repair enzymes such as Ultrasomes, Photosomes and Roxisomes.
- Firms and lifts skin with collagen boosting ingredients such as Whey Protein and Siegesbeckia Orientalis Extract.
- Skin’s moisture levels are maintained with Hyaluronic Acid, Barley Extract, Wheat Germ Extract and Cucumber Extract.
For more information, do check out Clinique website on their Smart Custom-Repair Serum: http://www.clinique-
Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum
Skin absorbs it well. Can see results in 2 weeks. Easy to apply.
If you expecting miracles in a short time, then you might be disappointed.
RM255 for 30ml; RM350 for 50ml.
Available at all Clinique counters nationwide.