Fresh from Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona, let’s take a quick look on what Samsung has to offer for its new Samsung Galaxy S5.
Main focus of the Galaxy S5
1. Health and Fitness using Fingerprint technology.
2. Do away with the gimmicky and bloated S4 software.
How Samsung plans to use Fingerprint technology
1. Partner with PayPal to allow users to authenticate payments using the sensor.
2. Unlock the phone with traditional swipe, but using a fingerprint reader. Can unlock phone with one hand.
3. Heart rate sensor below the camera to keep track of health and fitness level.
Design-wise for the Galaxy S5
1. Removable back cover of phone will have leather-like surface like the Note 3, and comes in different colours.
2. Slightly heavier than the Galaxy S4 by 15g and thickness difference of 0.2mm, but more solidly built.
1. Faster shooting time between load; takes 0.3 seconds to auto focus.
2. 16 MP camera on the S5, compared to the 13 MP on S4.
3. Allows live high-dynamic range pictures and video shooting.
4. Can capture 4K UHD video, which is 4 times the resolution of full HD.
1. There will be 3 new designs of Galaxy Gear: the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, and Gear Fit.
2. Will be waterproof and dustproof, with battery life up to 3-5 days.
3. Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo are powered by Tizen.
3. Gear Fit core focus is fitness and health.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is expected to be available sometime in April, and should cost more or less the same as the Galaxy S4.