Wow, it has been almost a month since I last blogged. Sorry, but couldn’t find the time to put everything down online as my little BabyQuah is really a super princessy fussy pot. So now MamaQuah is really tired out, drained and almost burnt out trying to please the little one. And since I’m breastfeeding, I am constantly worried about producing enough milk to be able to feed BabyQuah and to have extra for storage.
So, long story short, hubs and I went to the Chinese medicinal hall and asked if there was any herbs I could take that is safe, and gives me stamina. Apparently, this Dong Quai herb, is akin to Tongkat Ali, kind of like a female version, and only meant for females. Apparently, it also promotes milk production and is good to replenish all the nutrients lost after giving birth, although it can only be drank by confinement mothers after third week of confinement.
Anyway, for those who need a little herbal pick-me-up, you can try to cook this soup in your crockpot, or you can double boil it. Tastes really yummy! Not bitter at all. (^_^)
- 1 skinless chicken thigh. (You can also use a skinless chicken keel)
- Handful of Dong Quai
- Handful of Chinese wolfberries (aka Goji berries/”kei chi”)
- Handful of red dates or black dates
- 1 litre of water
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker, putting the water last.
- Close slow cooker and put to low.
- Leave it overnight, or put it on high for 3 hours.
- Sieve to serve, or you can eat the ingredients if you like the taste.
Easy eh? This soup can be made to drink after your menstrual cycle to replenish the blood you lost.